The teller position is the main point of contact to service customer transactions in the branch. This position requires constant contact with customers while responding to customer inquiries, processing customer requests, resolving customer issues or referring them to an appropriate party within the branch and making sales referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately process customer banking transactions & affiliate transactions
- Approve and perform check cashing following limits and D&Ps
- Refer customers to other departments and meet referral goals
- Assist with telephone reception
- Balance ATM
- Adhere to BSA, including CTRs and OFAC
- Process night drop, mail-in deposits and lock box deposits
- Balance cash drawer & stay within cash limits
- Scan daily teller work
- Prepare box for courier
- *Other duties as assigned
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Has knowledge of and complies with all D&Ps and compliance
- Ability to identify customer needs
- Possess strong sales skills
- Adhere to all security procedures
- Ability to perform in highly disruptive conditions
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- Basic cash handling skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Opening/Closing Department
- Scheduling of Staff
- Daily/Monthly Audits
- Sales Tracking
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. coin bags or necessary supplies and equipment
- Ability to manipulate coins and currency
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to write and record numbers correctly and legibly
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Assistant Branch Manager Des Plaines
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager - Des Plaines
Job Type: Full-Time (Over 30 Hours)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises the retail staff to ensure quality, efficiency, timeliness, professionalism, accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages the overall branch operations within the Retail Department. Ensures that all appropriate branch procedures are being conducted in all of the retail areas within the branch.
- Oversees the opening and closing of the branch and the weekly work schedule of the employees.
- Responsible for monitoring sales results and referral programs in place for retail staff. Leads and motivates employees to follow the Retail Sales Process. Coaches employees to meet/exceed individual/branch sales goals. Meets own individual sales goals if applicable.
- Provides expert service to customers and resolves customer problems, complaints, and inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. Create positive, consistent customer experiences.
- Participates in hiring decisions, training of staff, and evaluation of performance. Recommends appropriate actions regarding salary changes, promotions, and terminations of staff. Responsible for completion of annual/quarterly performance reviews and development plans.
- Monitor’s the bank’s facility to ensure that everything is running efficiently; works directly with the vendors’ to manage any projects within the facility.
- Participates and coordinates weekly sales meeting.
- Provides consistent feedback to management regarding marketing ideas, sales efforts and suggestions for new business development.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolios and quality of audit reports.
- Provides and maintains a professional business-like atmosphere within the branch office.
- Represents the financial institution in public relations activities and community affairs.
- *Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers, including Word and Excel applications.
- Highly evolved critical thinking skills to enable project completion.
- Extreme organizational detail.
- Team player.
Training/education/experience qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- 2-3 years personal banking, consumer lending, sales or customer service experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience a plus.